Emergency action plan for parents/guardians/swimmers in event of evacuation:
An area evacuation may be needed if there was a fire, explosion, bomb threat for example
Here’s the plan of action….
• The teachers will organise and lead their class/swimmers, parents can follow behind their class, but all swimmers will be asked to line up with the teacher.
• The swimmers/parents will be guided out of the swimming pool via the fire exit (children closest the exit first) and we asked to stand on the playground/car park.
• Teachers will take a register and check changing rooms/toilets.
• We would ask you to wrap your swimmer in a towel or any clothing and we will provide foil blankets for swimmers while waiting outside.
• We would ask parents to stay calm, walk in single file lines and reassure swimmers.
• Do not take swimmers home, as we will need to assess the situation, make sure all swimmers are accounted for and safe before letting them leave in parents care. Teachers will sign them out of the teachers in to the parents care by using the register.
• Please let the qualified teachers advice and lead.