Strokes Swim School “New covid19 normal”
Updated Terms & Conditions and Code of conduct (September 2021, following government guidelines)
- Please try to social distancing on our site where possible.
- Teachers will now manually support swimmers in the water again where needed.
- One-way system remains in place (enter via the shallow end door and exit through the changing area at all locations)
- Sanitise hands on entry. Sanitiser provided by Strokes Swim School.
- Poolside assistant will wipe down all touch points throughout the sessions. Cleaning will be remain consistent.
- One parent/spectator per swimmer
- Siblings can attend, however, if you have the option for them to not enter poolside would be better, but if they do need to watch they will need to sit on parent’s lap or stand closely next to them
- Swimmers must arrive “beach ready” and pre showered which means costumes under clothing and take clothing off on poolside.
- Shower at home before arriving at the School.
- Changing rooms will not be available before lessons, but will be available after for all to use.
- NO SHOWERING (this is due to swimming pools not being as well ventilated compared to other sporting venues, we may review this as the year goes on).
- All belongings to be kept with the parent, we would urge you to pack light. We would suggest dressing gowns and flip flops, or tracksuits to easily undress.
- Exit out of the changing rooms (at Sweyne please do not walk through the dining hall)
- We will clean all equipment thoroughly at the end of the sessions. We will use Milton sanitiser when needed but mostly chlorinated water will used)
- Changing rooms and touch points (Steps, ladders, seating, door handles) will be cleaned by the poolside assistant. We will encourage parents to carry their own hand sanitiser to use when leaving site.
- Instructors have all completed COVID19 qualifications and competency tests with D.P Leisure. We have a COVID19 safety officer who all teachers report too.
- If anyone does not abide by these new conditions, we will ask them to leave with immediate effect
- “No Refund Policy”. If we are forced to close for COVID19 reasons we will hold all fees paid for the term on customers account to then be used against lessons when we reopen. No money will be lost but held with us until we are clear to start again.
- If your swimmer has to isolate we ask you not to attend our swim school and follow government advice/guideline and unfortunately we can not refund or hold money over for these missed swims.
- All customers must download the “nhs COVID19 app” and scan the QR code we have provided on entry. If you do not have the app or do not want to sign in you will need to give the poolside assistants your information which we will keep in case of an outbreak we know exactly who has been on site and what date.
- Masks/face coverings are now optional, however we would encourage anyone over 11yrs to still wear one upon entry/exit and in changing rooms. Changing rooms are more confined spaces and wearing masks/face coverings on entry/exit helps to protects the swimming teachers. When seated spectators can remove masks.
At Sweyne School:
- • The holding area is back! When you arrive, please line up outside, the poolside assistant will bring you on to poolside no more than 5mins before the start of the lessons, you can then stand and undress your swimmer ready for lesson start time, which will help lessons run to time (roughly 30mins give or take a minute either side for change over).
- There is limited inside seating, roughly 15 chairs poolside (deep end spectators can stand up if they wish as long as not blocking any emergency exits or swimming teachers path).
- If your swimmer swims in deep circuit, easy 3/4, hard 3/4 class, we would ask parents in these classes to wait outside and watch through the windows where possible, to leave seating for spectators with younger swimmers. If waiting outside, before the end of the lesson, parents walk round and down the corridor to meet them in the changing area, not walk on poolside. Poolside assistants are on hand to help where needed. The swimmers can leave their clothing in the changing room and meet parent for changing after lessons.
- Lanes classes, the teachers have said the children have make good progress through the pandemic and they believe the poolside being less noisy and distracting is a large factor, we can not stop parents for spectating on poolside in these classes as we do have room, however please can we ask separators be considerate when talking to other separators on poolside and not interrupt swimmers or talk to their swimmers whilst in the lesson unless it’s an emergency. Any problems you can speak to a teacher after lessons or email us.
At Appleton School & The King Edmunds School: spectators are welcome on poolside (one spectator per swimmer), remaining socially distanced where possible and poolside assistant will let you in.
By joining our lessons you agree to abide to all of our safety measures put in place. These terms and conditions are subject to change of government guidelines change.